Professor Andrew Ooi
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Turbulent flow
Professor Andrew Ooi is an academic staff member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne and Associate Dean (Academic) in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
Prof Ooi graduated with a BEng in 1993 and PhD in 1997 from the University of Melbourne. Prior to his current appointment, Andrew worked at the Center for Turbulence Research (CTR) at NASA Ames, Stanford University and as a research scientist at the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO).
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Heat transfer
- Bubble acoustics.
- Szydzik C, Brazilek RJ, Akbaridoust F, De Silva C, Moon M, Marusic I, Ooi A, Nandurkar HH, Hamilton JR, Mitchell A, Nesbitt WS. Active Micropump-Mixer for Rapid Antiplatelet Drug Screening in Whole Blood. ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY. American Chemical Society. 2019, Vol. 91, Issue 16. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.9b02486
- Zhu S, Thondapu V, Poon K, Serruys PW, Ooi A, Barlis P. Computational particle tracking to model platelet behaviour near malapposed coronary stent struts.. European Heart Journal. Oxford University Press. 2019, Vol. 40, Issue 23. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehy919
- Tenekecioglu E, Torii R, Katagiri Y, Asano T, Modolo R, Miyazaki Y, Chichareon P, Poon K, Gijsen F, Thondapu V, Van Klaveren D, Jonker H, Ooi A, Barlis P, Collet C, Onuma Y, Bourantas CV, Serruys PW. Early strut protrusion and late neointima thickness in the Absorb bioresorbable scaffold: a serial wall shear stress analysis up to five years. Eurointervention. Europa Edition. 2019, Vol. 15, Issue 4. DOI: 10.4244/EIJ-D-18-00381
- Dzaharudin F, Ooi A, Manasseh R. Effects of boundary proximity on monodispersed microbubbles in ultrasonic fields (vol 410, pg 330, 2017). JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 438. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsv.2018.09.034
- Yamamoto E, Thondapu V, Poon K, Sugiyama T, Fracassi F, Dijkstra J, Lee H, Ooi A, Barlis P, Jang I-K. Endothelial Shear Stress and Plaque Erosion: A Computational Fluid Dynamics and Optical Coherence Tomography Study.. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.07.024
- Gijsen F, Katagiri Y, Barlis P, Bourantas C, Collet C, Coskun U, Daemen J, Dijkstra J, Edelman E, Evans P, Van Der Heiden K, Hose R, Koo B-K, Krams R, Marsden A, Migliavacca F, Onuma Y, Ooi A, Poon K, Samady H, Stone P, Takahashi K, Tang D, Thondapu V, Tenekecioglu E, Timmins L, Torii R, Wentzel J, Serruys P. Expert recommendations on the assessment of wall shear stress in human coronary arteries: existing methodologies, technical considerations, and clinical applications.. Eur Heart J. Oxford University Press. 2019. DOI: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehz551
- Karami S, Stegeman PC, Ooi A, Soria J. High-order accurate large-eddy simulations of compressible viscous flow in cylindrical coordinates. Computers and Fluids. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 191. DOI: 10.1016/j.compfluid.2019.104241
- Jiang B, Thondapu V, Poon K, Barlis P, Ooi A. Numerical Study of Incomplete Stent Apposition Caused by Deploying Undersized Stent in Arteries With Elliptical Cross Sections. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICAL ENGINEERING-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2019, Vol. 141, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1115/1.4042899
- Lam WK, Chan L, Hasini H, Ooi A. An analysis of two-dimensional stratified gravity current flow using open FOAM. International Journal of Engineering and Technology(UAE). 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 4. DOI: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.35.22919
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. Applying Machine Learnt Explicit Algebraic Stress and Scalar Flux Models to a Fundamental Trailing Edge Slot. ASME Turbo Expo 2018. American Society of Mechanical Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5A-2018. DOI: 10.1115/GT2018-75444
- Sandberg R, Tan R, Weatheritt J, Ooi A, Haghiri A, Michelassi V, Laskowski G. Applying Machine Learnt Explicit Algebraic Stress and Scalar Flux Models to a Fundamental Trailing Edge Slot. JOURNAL OF TURBOMACHINERY-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME. ASME International. 2018, Vol. 140, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1115/1.4041268
- Ng C, Ooi A, Lohse D, Chung D. Bulk scaling in wall-bounded and homogeneous vertical natural convection. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 841. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.102
- Keough S, Stephens DW, Philip J, Ooi A, Monty J. CFD simulations of vertical surface piercing circular cylinders and comparison against experiments. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2018.
- George N, Philip J, Ooi A. Direct Numerical Simulation of Confined Wall Plumes. 21st Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. 2018.
- MacDonald M, Ooi A, Garcia-Mayoral R, Hutchins N, Chung D. Direct numerical simulation of high aspect ratio spanwise-aligned bars. JOURNAL OF FLUID MECHANICS. Cambridge University Press. 2018, Vol. 843. DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2018.150
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile