Dr Airlie Chapman
Airlie Chapman received the Ph.D. degree from the William E. Boeing Aeronautics and Astronautics Department at the University of Washington, Seattle in 2013. She received the M.S. degree in Mathematics from University of Washington (2013) and the M.S. degree and the B.S. degree from the University of Sydney, Australia (2008 and 2006). She is currently a lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne.
Dr. Chapman was awarded the College of Engineering Dean’s Fellowship at the University of Washington and is a two-time recipient of the Amelia Earhart Fellowship. Her research interests are multi-agent dynamics, networked dynamic systems, data-driven control and graph theory with applications to robotics and aerospace systems. She has recently authored the book “Semi-Autonomous Networks” published by Springer in 2015.
- Matheny MH, Emenheiser J, Fon W, Chapman A, Salova A, Rohden M, Li J, De Badyn MH, Posfai M, Duenas-Osorio L, Mesbahi M, Crutchfield JP, Cross MC, D'Souza RM, Roukes ML. Exotic states in a simple network of nanoelectromechanical oscillators. SCIENCE. American Society for the Advancement of Science. 2019, Vol. 363, Issue 6431. DOI: 10.1126/science.aav7932
- Awad A, Chapman A, Schoof E, Narang-Siddarth A, Mesbahi M. Time-Scale Separation in Networks: State-Dependent Graphs and Consensus Tracking. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL OF NETWORK SYSTEMS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2019, Vol. 6, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TCNS.2018.2800401
- Schoof E, Manzie C, Shames I, Chapman A, Oetomo D. An Experimental Platform for Heterogeneous Multi-Vehicle Missions. 2018 International Conference on Science and Innovation for Land Power (ICSILP). 2018.
- Trong NT, Chapman A. Generalized Graph Product: Spectrum, Trajectories and Controllability. 2018 IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2018.
- Mousavi SS, Chapman A, Haeri M, Mesbahi M. Null Space Strong Structural Controllability via Skew Zero Forcing Sets. 2018 EUROPEAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (ECC). IEEE. 2018. DOI: 10.23919/ECC.2018.8550608
- Schoof E, Chapman A, Mesbahi M. Weighted Bearing-Compass Dynamics: Edge and Leader Selection. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NETWORK SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. IEEE Computer Society. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/TNSE.2017.2754944
- Chapman A, Gonzalez AD, Mesbahi M, Duenas-Osorio L, D'Souza RM. Data-guided Control: Clustering, Graph Products, and Decentralized Control. 2017 IEEE 56TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Gonzalez AD, Chapman A, Duenas-Osorio L, Mesbahi M, D'Souza RM. Efficient Infrastructure Restoration Strategies Using the Recovery Operator. COMPUTER-AIDED CIVIL AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING. Blackwell. 2017, Vol. 32, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1111/mice.12314
- Chapman A, Mesbahi M. Multiple Time-Scales in Network-of-Networks. 2016 AMERICAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (ACC). American Automatic Control Council. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ACC.2016.7526542
- Hosseini S, Chapman A, Mesbahi M. Online Distributed Convex Optimization on Dynamic Networks. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2016.2525928
- Chapman A, Schoof E, Mesbahi M. Pattern Control for Networks of Ginzburg-Landau Oscillators via Markov Decision Processes. 2016 IEEE 55TH CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Emenheiser J, Chapman A, Posfai M, Crutchfield JP, Mesbahi M, D'Souza RM. Patterns of patterns of synchronization: Noise induced attractor switching in rings of coupled nonlinear oscillators. CHAOS. American Institute of Physics. 2016, Vol. 26, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1063/1.4960191
- Schoof E, Chapman A, Mesbahi M. Efficient Leader Selection for Translation and Scale of a Bearing-Compass Formation. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION (ICRA). IEEE Computer Society. 2015.
- De Badyn MH, Chapman A, Mesbahi M. Network Entropy: A System-Theoretic Perspective. 2015 54TH IEEE CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2015.
- Chapman A. Semi-Autonomous Networks Effective Control of Networked Systems through Protocols, Design, and Modeling. . Springer. 2015.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile