Associate Professor Denny Oetomo
- Robotics in Biomedical Applications
I am an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne. I am currently the deputy head (engagement) of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and assistant dean (communications) of the Melbourne School of Engineering.
For information on my work, please go here. I graduated B.Eng (hons 1) from the Australian National University in Nov 1997 and completed his PhD (Mechanical Engineering - Robotics) at the National University of Singapore (2004). I was a Research Fellow with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2004-2006), a Post-doctoral Fellow in a European Union Project at INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France (Nov 2006 - Jan 2008), and a fixed-term lecturer with the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Monash University (2006-2007). I joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Melbourne in Jan 2008.
Main area of research is in robotics and its applications. In recent years, I have focused my research in the area of robotics in medical and clinical applications.
I was the recipient of a recipient of the Cornelius Regan Trust Award in 2012 on effective large class learning program and the Norman Curry Award for Innovation and Excellence in Educational Programs in 2014 for innovation and excellence in the Formulae SAE program at the University of Melbourne
- Eden J, Song C, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Lau D. CASPR-ROS: A Generalised Cable Robot Software in ROS for Hardware. 3rd International Conference on Cable-Driven Parallel Robots (CableCon). Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2018, Vol. 53. Editors: Gosselin C, Cardou P, Bruckmann T, Pott A. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-61431-1_5
- Leong F, Mohammadi A, Tan Y, Thiruchelvam D, Lai CY, Valdastri P, Oetomo D. Disturbance Rejection in Multi-DOF Local Magnetic Actuation for the Robotic Abdominal Surgery. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. 2018, Vol. 3, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2018.2800795
- Fong J, Tan Y, Crocher V, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Dual-loop iterative optimal control for the finite horizon LQR problem with unknown dynamics. SYSTEMS & CONTROL LETTERS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 111. DOI: 10.1016/j.sysconle.2017.11.002
- Zhang J, Shin J, Zhong Y, Oetomo D, Gu C. Heat conduction-based methodology for nonlinear soft tissue deformation. International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing. 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s12008-018-0486-4
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Input and Output Constraints in Iterative Learning Control Design for Robotic Manipulators. UNMANNED SYSTEMS. 2018, Vol. 6, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1142/S2301385018400095
- Chen Q, Tan Y, Li J, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Model-Guided Data-Driven Decentralized Control for Magnetic Levitation Systems. IEEE ACCESS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 6. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2861885
- Wu W, Fong J, Crocher V, Lee V, Oetomo D, Tan Y, Ackland D. Modulation of shoulder muscle and joint function using a powered upper-limb exoskeleton. JOURNAL OF BIOMECHANICS. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 72. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2018.02.019
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. On Feedback-Based Iterative Learning Control for Nonlinear Systems Without Global Lipschitz Continuity. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431424
- Garcia-Rosas R, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Manzie C. On-line Synergy Identification for Personalized Active Arm Prosthesis: A Feasibility Study. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431310
- Shin J, Zhong Y, Oetomo D, Gu C. Random Weighting, Strong Tracking, and Unscented Kalman Filter for Soft Tissue Characterization. SENSORS. Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 5. DOI: 10.3390/s18051650
- Eden J, Tan Y, Lau D, Oetomo D. Reference State Trajectory Generation for Output Tracking with Constraints using Search Trees. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2018, Vol. 2018-June. DOI: 10.23919/ACC.2018.8431058
- Shaw-Cortez W, Oetomo D, Manzie C, Choong P. Tactile-Based Blind Grasping: A Discrete-Time Object Manipulation Controller for Robotic Hands. IEEE ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 3, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/LRA.2018.2794612
- Chan YP, Eden J, Lau D, Oetomo D. A survey on inverse dynamics solvers for cable-driven parallel robots. Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, ACRA. 2017, Vol. 2017-December.
- Mokhtarzadeh H, Yeow CH, Goh JCH, Oetomo D, Ewing K, Lee V. Antagonist muscle co-contraction during a double-leg landing maneuver at two heights. COMPUTER METHODS IN BIOMECHANICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING. Gordon Breach Publishing. 2017, Vol. 20, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1080/10255842.2017.1366992
- Sebastian G, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Design of Feedback Gain in Feedback-Based Iterative Learning Control. 11th Asian Control Conference (ASCC). IEEE. 2017.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile