Our research is using holistic and integrated approaches to help accelerate digital innovation across the industrial ecosystem.
Key research themes
- Sustainable and Lifecycle Engineering
- Industrial Digital Transformation
- Life cycle studies
- Frugal manufacture, more from less, resource efficiency and waste elimination
- Input traceability and pedigree/authenticity
- Transforming data → information: multimodal or big data
Leadership in major research programs
Future Battery Industries CRC
Aiming to expand battery minerals and chemicals production; develop opportunities for specialist battery manufacture; support battery deployment; and optimise the circular economy for the use and re-use of battery systems.
Digital Manufacturing on a Shoestring
An approach to increase the digital capabilities of small manufacturers through a series of low-cost solutions.
Sustainable engineering and life cycle systems
A holistic approach to evaluate the impact associated with all the stages of product’s life cycle.